Friday 23 June 2017

I am surrounded by angels


I am surrounded by angels but I am the only one who knows it.

I am sat in a cafe. People come and go. A man stands at the counter and orders a 'straight black'. He wanders around after placing his order, checking the posters on the wall and the 'Blackstar' coffee beans for sale. He's an angel but he doesn't know it.

Behind me sits two women. They've been chatting since I got here and hour ago. They're on their third cup of coffee as far as I know. Could be more. They're angels but they don't know it. Only I do.

An angel on the phone drives by in a SUV. Absorbed in the conversation but asleep to the fact that reality is not what it seems. Asleep at the wheel? Asleep throughout life. 

Do I have a problem with that? No, not at all. They're engrossed in the eternal play and enjoying it. Well some of it, I'm not sure how much.

Two angels enter through the front door from out the back. They think they're ladies but I know they are light beings, eternal and immortal. They look like they're having fun and that's lovely. But will it last? No, this is an ever changing world and nothing lasts. That's only a problem if you think you are mortal. In that case you are trapped and it will end in tears.

The safe way is to remain detached, a guest who owns nothing. That way you stay free, light and safe. That's what everyone wants isn't it? Enjoy the entertaining, complex drama, filled with interesting, exciting events ever changing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment